Monday, March 1, 2010

HW #42 Significance

Part B:
I think the subject that I am trying to focus on is the similarities and differences between China and Japan curriculums and how that affect the students learnings.

I think this topic matters to me because I am interest and want to see how high their education is or how does parents and the education's high standards put pressure on the children affect their learning. At first I thought America has the most opportunities but when I look at China and Japan, it is different. I think it is because China and Japan school curriculum is very strict and harder than America that the opportunities are less. And since I haven't been back to China or was enroll in the school that I want to see what is like in the schools in China and how strict their curriculum can be. Additionally, it feels rather weird to me that I am Chinese but I am in America and that I'm not taking any Chinese classes. I want to know more about my culture and improve Chinese but having the America classes are already replacing the Chinese classes. I think it deals with who I am in terms of my race and many times in the past, I have wonder what it would be like if I was in China and taken the courses.

Rather than focusing schools/curriculum between America and China, I wanted to focus on China and Japan because they have a lot of similarities (besides that they are both asian countries). I have taken an interest in Japan ever since I started watching anime and learning the language bit by bit. And Japan and China school is all seen base on how well you can do with the textbooks and memorizing the materials that can get yourself in a good position in society. I remember hearing my mom said that it is very hard to go to college in China because the test is hard so I would start imagining about China's society and how they work. When I watch the Chinese news, the students would be smart in the school but when I look at the society, it doesn't seem that way. As well as in Japan, if the students does not do well, they would already have a bad reputation in society. The way the students in both the countries have to dress for society is also very important because the both countries seem to carry a lot about appearances and backgrounds.

Another point that I want to find out about is why does China and Japan's teachings, especially in math and science, very high? Or simply, why are they smarter in those fields? I think I am still not sure which area I should focus on between China and Japan but maybe the differences on both the countries schooling or curriculum. Or the way they dress so uniformly that affects the environment of the school. It seems very interesting investigating the similarities and differences between China and Japan schools and for me, to know more about my own countries teachings and other countries so when I go visit the countries, I would feel like I know more things than I would have felt I wouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment