Sunday, January 31, 2010

HW #38 Art Project Cool


The photo above is similar to the ideas talked in my paper, that basically everybody is performing, whether they are conscious of it or not. In the picture, the inner self is sitting in the back seat, observing as the outer self present the character that the self has created. Everybody is the main character in their own stage and there are audiences (on the bottom where it is gray) who looked at everybody. I think everyday life is like a stage, where we are filming for ourselves about our lives so we have to be aware of how we are positioning the events. We are aware of all the things we are doing though sometimes we may not since some things are not as important to remember. But some small things can create something big. We are trying to impress people in a lot of ways by talking, the way our actions are shown, the feelings and ideas that we are trying to make produced out to others. I don't think that the performances that we choose to do is bad; we are doing this because we want to gain approval or to secure the vulnerability. Its only looked as bad because society has placed these "rules" within everybody, making all of us aware of what can be shown to get what we want. However, is it really bad to do what we want, or can we do what we want through the influence of others, like being puppets?

I thought it would be good to draw a picture that my paper had talked about. It took quite a while to draw the picture but it was fun to draw the characters. However, it was my first time coloring a whole page using a program so it took quite a while. I had a bit of trouble with tracing the characters to make it darker and doing the shadowing/shading. I don't think my picture is to represent cool but what we do to be cool. So then I drew another picture (on the bottom) with a guy in a pose in which I think is cool because I feel proud to be able to draw that and it is similar to those posters of models, that get customers to come in to the stores to buy. I think many of the artists in the entertainment world always need a pose to attract people, and poses in modelling allows the actors to get more attention. Its not only the body poses but also the facial expressions that the artists produce that allows the spotlight to be on them. And that is what many of us do, not certainly need a model pose, but any actions that when seen, it will be connected to us.

(done by my friend Carlos ^-^)

No comments:

Post a Comment