Monday, May 10, 2010

HW #54 Surveys

Similar Minds - Jung Test Results:

Type: INFJ

ntroverted (I) 63.33% Extroverted (E) 36.67%
Intuitive (N) 53.85% Sensing (S) 46.15%
Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
Judging (J) 56.67% Perceiving (P) 43.33%

INFJ - "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1.5% of total population.
Free Jung Personality Test (similar to Myers-Briggs/MBTI)

I kind of feel special and proud to be in the 1.5% but somehow like a outsider. Is that a bad or a good preference? .... I find it funny.

Big Five Test Result:
Extroversion |||||| 24%
Orderliness |||||||||||||| 55%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||| 47%
Accommodation |||||||||| 38%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||| 55%

Big Five Word Test Results
Extroversion (24%) low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and secretive.
Accommodation (38%) moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense of the well being of others.
Orderliness (55%) medium which suggests you are moderately organized, structured, and self controlled while still remaining flexible, varied, and fun.
Emotional Stability (47%) medium which suggests you are moderately relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.
Inquisitiveness (55%) medium which suggests you are moderately intellectual, curious, and imaginative.
Take Free Big Five Word Choice Test
personality tests by similarminds.com

Your Global5/SLOAN type is RLOEI
Your Primary type is Organized

The reliability and usefulness of the two tests are pretty accurate and now that I know about what letters I was, I would agree that INFJ is pretty much my preference. Though my conclusion would be about these personality tests is that the answers given by the tests are the major preference for everybody, but not the complete preference for everybody. We can change our answers because we grow and get new ideas. Like Andy S.'s relative said, "we are all different" but we all have as many values and importance as any other people so I think that is how we have similarities and differences. Looking at the different letter combinations at class today, there are many different kinds of preferences/personalities that we have but I find that there is more. When reading the answers and the descriptions for those answers, they were pretty funny because I didn't think about some of the descriptions in there. I had to stop and think about whether I do this, react like that and feel like that. One thing that I noticed is that for the similar minds test, the result details are quite positive and does not explain much unless I pressed the INFJ explanation. However, for the Big Five test, the results, for me, was quite depressing though I agree with many of the preferences in the answer.

Learning about the E, I, S, N, T, F, J, and P, I think when I look at someone, I can be pretty sure which one they are starting at E, but once I get into the J and P, that might be harder. I thought it was fun guessing what people are and it is interesting when I got it right or not because it shows how much care or understanding we feel towards each other. I think we feel more connected with each other when we got it correct so to think we know who everybody is, but once we got it incorrect, it feels distant and embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment