Friday, September 11, 2009

Thoughts and Questions about Digitalization experience and phenomenon

When I think about how we have to use electronics every day and for almost all day long depending on the job we do, do we ever get tired of it? Do we think about going back to the rural places, where the only electronic technologies are the lightbulb and maybe the phone and a bit of t.v. and internet. Sometimes I just wish to go the rural places and look more to the nature environment because whenever I looked at the bright screen of an electronic such as cell phone, television, and the computer, it makes my eyes hurt.
It's good that we can connect and talk to other people through using the digital/electronics but I feel as though it is more isolating ourselves because when we talk on Facebook or doing instant messaging, we do not have to actually be with the person. I think it is less social with using the electronics and if I talk on my cellphone or listening on my iPod, they would say it is rude and I shouldn't do that. So I think that is weird. Electronics are interfering with the socializing.
Electronics and the digitalization are important because everybody needs news and like music can help people be in their own world, helping them relax. That's why the electronic is a need to our lives and even though it is obvious that everybody is unable to "live" without the electronics, it is important to every one of us. (Even though it is not good for you if you use too much in a day). It is great that we are able to have all these electronics but sometimes it feels meaningless having so many versions of one electronics and then wasting the resources. But we just have to do that because we need developing and advancing to the next stage. I feel like one day, because of all these digital environments we are in, we might get mess up with the reality and the digital realm.

No comments:

Post a Comment