Thursday, October 8, 2009

HW #11 Self Experiment 1

My experiment was when I got home, for the next 3 hours is to not be near the computer or use the computer for less than five minutes. I started thinking what I can do but then I started playing the piano for around 2 hours. I think I was concentrated on it and only paid attention to the computer when it was 5 minutes before I went to pick up my sister. Since I was learning a new song, it took me more effort and concentration on remembering the notes that I didn't really mind not being near the computer. Even though the piano is an electronic piano, I think it is better than staring off whats in the computer. Then I read after the 2 hours of playing and was concentrated on that as well. And the experiment ended.
In a way, I think the piano and the reading was more enjoyable for me from the experiment. In analyzing this, I think the effect on going away from the digital but different from the electronic piano, I think it is more tiring. Enjoying and practicing on the piano for a long time is tiring but there's success, or accomplishment because I did it myself. As for going on to the computer, and for example, on google, we google the stuff we need but it is the program of the google system that does the researching for us. We just sit there and wait for all the answers that they have to come. The only work we need to do is read a couple of the sites and the answers are there. We might be thinking about it but most of the work is done for us. I don't think it feel as accomplishing and exploring the answers physically (such as going to the library and finding the book). I think that I always need some time away from the computer to get my other interests to burn my boredom away.

No comments:

Post a Comment