Thursday, October 1, 2009

HW #9 Commenting Back

Na Lin:
Hey Na Lin,
thanks for reading my post =] I'm really glad you took your time to write me back and appreciate you agreeing with what I said. Your tone has a onee-san tone xD.

ah~ Thanks for the need improving point, I should have "shown a bit more of what you're getting by using these technology. Thank you for enjoying watching this video. The only part I liked was the anime pictures being there. (I took bad pictures).

You made me see new things such as creating ourselves a character that is just like us because we want to become better. And then when you said "self-to-be" it reminded me of shugo chara!; that we want to become what we want in our mind but why do that? Why not accept who you are the way you are? Do you think yourself is wrong because you are influenced by others, thinking that the others don't like the way you are, wanting to become loved and not lonely, then you have to go and change yourself? Then you said to test "how different your lives can be" and true that whenever we play game, we would create a character that we pick the styles the way a little to a whole lot different from us.

Your video was showing how we are trapped, or caged in in this digital world and I'm about talking the same thing as you, that we are isolated by this digital plus sticking to the electronic for too long is bad for you. We're both looking for more of the negative sides of the digital more than I thought and that we're both agreeing how kids are getting more and more of the digital as the age keeps getting younger and younger. For example, I got my computer when I was in 5th or 6th grade and now for my sister, I have to let her play the computer and sometimes use it for homework even though she is only in 4th grade.

You and I both talk about how the digital affect the kids. Do you think it is also because of the parents fault. In a way I see it, because the adults need to go to work, they would leave the child at home, when it's appropriate age and let them play the PS3 or wii or the computer that the adults bought back so the kid won't be lonely. However, when, for example again, if the kid need to get glasses because of the digital, I can see that adult would blame it on the kid for playing around the digital. However another point, is that is digital another way to comfort the neglected children? Are the digital helping the children get the attention they needed because the parents doesn't have time to give them? If it is, then digital is not a bad thing if we are alone.

Lauren:
To Lauren:

Thank you for watching my video and complimenting me on the unique way I have executed my video. Also that it is "cute", thanks ^o^. You also have a warm tone in your post, and I feel very happy reading your comment. xD

Your point that I should expand my feeling of awkwardness was very helpful because I should have explain it more clearly so you would understand what I am saying. I actually didn't really know why it is awkward but I think because I am showing this to others (plus strangers) that I didn't feel like letting people know what I do. 

You made me thought about why "others seem to love to flaunt their possessions?" And that made me realize how different people are in sharing their private things with others. We want to use the digital, to get new friends such as Facebook but people like me, I don't want to share what's too private or something (Jia Min's a shy person) and then those people who love to show their private life to tell others about themselves more. And then when you said how on the outside we look very concentrated or zone out and then in the inside, you are enjoying it, I think it is true. But why are we not able to show that in the video or why are we not able to see the enjoyment on the outside as we are enjoying it in the inside?

It seems that both of us are thinking about our little sister, or children a lot and how digital would affect them heavily. We both are concern what would happen to the little ones when we are experiencing the influence under the digital. We are both looking at how it would effect and cause us with using our digital.

Like I said before, both of us seem to talk about the emotions that presents us on our face when using digital and how much effects digital has put on the people (especially the little ones). However we both seem to love the digital that we have, for you its the wii and for me its the anime/manga and my computer (<3).>

Ciaossu~ ^0~

No comments:

Post a Comment