Wednesday, November 11, 2009

HW #21 Art Project 1





I think my drawing is a mirror because the characters that I drew is where I see people that position themselves in front (or asleep) of the digital. When I thought how digital affects everybody, I thought of people being cooped up in their room, playing games, going online (though they can do that outside as well) and music. Then somehow, it feels as if digital has surrounded ourselves with a bubble or a dark space, where inside its light, but towards others its black. Therefore, some times, people would not disrupt others when they are with a digital device. Also as well as, when I was drawing this, I imagine how a lot of us are replacing old things to new stuff (from my final paper), like listening to music before bed instead of reading a book, or using a textbook to use it as a desk, so not to heat up our legs.

I think it feels black but that I feel light when drawing this image. We use digital to broaden our minds and thoughts but it also negates other aspects like our physical body health or slowly losing our language skills. We just tap, click, listen to what we find interesting from the games/internet/and television, but it's all in there. We don't seem to want to go out there to explore it ourselves (though the money part is one of the big problems), and find the answer through what others have done in that exploration. A lot of the time, I would imagine what would happen if I did this and then I did that but chances don't easily or I don't grab it easily because there is always this black ring/wall that stops me. I wonder what the reason is... It's cool to see how people have done it, but can we really do it? A lot of us, including myself have wasted our time on the digital, but we cannot get 100% out of it since experiences are always different with everybody.

The most interesting aspects are at first, I didn't really know what I think about digital, and show that through art. Another aspect is that I still have no clue why I drew the black circle around the three characters. Before drawing on the black circle, that part was blank but then my feelings told me that blank is no good. Its hard to explain but... I thought the black circle was there to symbolize the black hole, the information we truly don't have, or our experiences. Or that the black circle is the wall or cage, that only lets us have just that amount of information in the inside, where the three characters are with the whiteness around them. If we get pass that black circle, maybe we discover more than from the digital devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment